There are not much accessories for men compared to women. These includes watches, metal cufflinks, glasses, necklaces, metal tie clip, etc. Although there are limited options for men to choose from, the most important thing to remember is that with the right choices, a man can look like a classy gentleman anywhere he wants to be.
You might be wondering how a metal tie clip could be of any help when it is not even visible to some, the answer to that would be is everything that is perfectly placed, like the tie clip position, no matter how small it is can have the biggest impact on the overall look. But make sure before you put a metal tie clip, you know how and where to put it, if you do not, keep reading and we will guide you!
PROS AND CONS OF A METAL TIE CLIP
- Metal tie clips for men allow men who cannot tie a necktie to wear a tie and look great.
- Tie clips can be easily removed, making them safe for a variety of fields where strangulation is a real risk.
- These stylish accessories come in a variety of colors and patterns, making it easy to fit clip on ties for men into your daily wardrobe.
- The knot is always perfect.
- Your necktie will always be the same length, making you always appear put together and extremely dapper.
- Metal tie clips for men are extra comfortable, and don’t give men a suffocating feeling like a traditional tie might.
- To men who have succumbed to health problems and can no longer tie a tie can benefit from a metal tie clip.
- Since a tie clip is pre-tied, there is no way to experiment without tie knots.
- Many people find tie clips for men a little gimmicky, and don’t fully see the benefits.
- Many men don’t like the overly put together and uniform look of tie clips.
WHEN TO WEAR A METAL TIE CLIP
You can feel free to have a little fun with your tie clip if you are donning a smart casual look, like jeans with a shirt, tie, and a blazer jacket. Look out for unique statement designs instead of going with the subtle and forma options. Something that complements your outfit and speaks to your style will work well. Just remember, make sure not to go over-the-top so the look does not get ruined.
When we think of using tie clips we usually think of a formal outfit look. Accenting your usual suit, shirt and tie combination with a metal tie clip or custom enamel pins would be a good idea if you plan to go to a wedding, fancy dinner, or a business event. To nail the look, opt for a more understated and elegant clip. A simple silver design always works well. However, one with a touch of color or a unique texture can also be suitable.
HOW TO WEAR A TIE CLIP PROPERLY
Method 1 (CHOOSING)
1. MATCH THE TIE CLIP TO THE OUTFIT.
A stylish and more common tie clip color to go to would be a plain silver or gold and they generally work well with any type of look and style. If you like to add a little panache to your look a colored, textured, or embellished clip would do the trick. Consider how the clip influence your outfit: a pattered clip can make your plain look more interesting while a simple metal clip may tone down a busy-looking tie. A little help from someone on how to choose tie clip would also be helpful if you are unsure.
2. CHOOSE A TYPE OF CLIP
You based the tie clip that you would choose on the weight and width of the tie. You can either choose between a slide clap or a pinch clasp. A slide clasp will keep your skinny tie smooth and flat. A pinch clasp on the other hand will ensure everything stays securely in place but may cause a skinny or lightweight tie to wrinkle and may lie flat against your shirt but they work best with wider and heavier ties.
3. SELECT A CLIP THAT IS ATLEAST HAFL THW WIDTH OF YOUR TIE
First cardinal rule of wearing tie clips is to never ever wear a tie clip that is longer than the width of your tie unless you want to be considered a major fashion faux pas. This is one of the only “real” rules when it comes to accessorizing with a metal tie clip.
Method 2 (WEARING)
1. OPEN THE CLIP (for a pinch clasp) AND SLIDE BOTH THE FRON AND BACK OF YOUR TIE, PLUS THE PLACKET (the strip of fabric that you button through).
All three should be sandwiched together in the clip. Make sure the tie is actually clipped to your shirt. Its purpose is to keep your tie in place, so if you just slide the tie through the clip and do not anchor it, your tie will still flap freely and get in your way.
2. CLIP THE TIE BETWEENT THE THIRD AND FOURTH BUTTONS OF YOUR SHIRT, OR IN THE MIDDLE OR BOTTOM OF YOUR STERNUM.
Another cardinal rule of wearing a metal tie clip is to make sure it is placed properly and correctly. Place it too high and it makes the tie clip useless, place it too low and it looks awkward or hides the clip behind the jacket. Check that the tie clip is perpendicular to your tie. It should always be straight across, not angled up or down.
3. FLAIR UP YOUR TIE BY BLOUSING THE TOP OF YOUR TIE.
Take the top half of your tie and pull it up slightly, so that it is not pulled tight against your chest. It should puff up and forward slightly. This adds some depth and personality to your look and may make the tie feel less constricting.
METAL X – YOUR BOOST OF ELEGANCE
Here at Metal X, we provide boost of elegance, class, and confidence to our clients through customization. We create your own tie clip to make sure you stand out from the rest. We only use modern techniques with the help of modern technology to create your own metal tie clip. We are manned by skilled professionals who will be there for you from start to finish. If you have any questions, explore our official website or contact us so we can directly answer them.